We're a cross section of guys in their 30s and 40s, who are looking to reinvest in our community. We organize fun and relevant community service projects that provide leadership opportunities and build friendships. Our goal is to make San Francisco a safe and happy place for everyone - by building bridges between our many social networks through service and social awareness. There are many ways to get involved and make a difference:
- Men's Monthly Meet-up: We meet the 3rd Wednesday of every month to plan our service projects and examine what's happening in our community. We meet for two hours in the early evening, usually over dinner or drinks in the neighborhood. Our next meet-up will take place on Wednesday, January 21st at The Lounge at Lookout. If you're interested in joining us, contact Frank.
- Community Service Projects: Every month we select a variety of service projects to do as a group. It could be a clean up day at Ocean Beach, serving dinner to LGBT Seniors or helping out at one of our favorite charities. Our next event will be volunteering for the Golden Gate Park Conservancy with our 2nd annual Ocean Beach clean up on MLK Day, Monday, January 11th. Read more about the BRIDGEMEN experience here, or to get involved contact Frank.
- BRIDGEMEN Orientation: Once you've joined us at one of our events, join us over dinner so we can learn more about you and share what we need to know to be prepared to serve the community. It's a relaxed and enjoyable setting to bring up whatever questions you may have and have them answered in a safe, non-judgemental way. Our next orientation is Wednesday, January 23rd. For more info contact Frank.
- Social Gatherings: Bring your friends or fly solo and make new friends at one of our welcoming events. Recently we partnered with Magnet in the Castro to highlight all the fun and fabulous events we host in the gay and bi men's community. Visit www.bridgemen.org for a list of all our future events.
- Continued Conversations: Once a quarter, BRIDGEMEN hosts follow-up conversations to the "REAL TALK" series, a public forum designed to host timely, interactive dialogs and exchange of knowledge & resources around topics at the forefront of our community. Our next Continued Conversations will take place on Tuesday, February 5th and Wednesday, February 13th at STOP AIDS Project. Contact Frank or call (415) 575-0150 x231 to RSVP.
- For more information about BRIDGEMEN contact Frank at (415) 575-0150 x231 or to see a full list of our upcoming events visit www.bridgemen.org.