Dry mouth is an uncomfortable condition, making chewing, swallowing and talking difficult. It can affect your sense of taste and can increase mouth problems.
TIPS FOR DRY MOUTH
- Rinse your mouth throughout the day with salted warm water.
- Try slippery elm or licorice tea (at health food stores) to moisten the mouth.
- Suck on sugarless candies, lozenges, or crushed ice to cool the mouth.
- Drink plenty of liquids during and between meals.
- Avoid sugary or sticky foods or caffeinated drinks.
- Chew sugarless gum to stimulate saliva.
- Ask your doctor for a prescription for treating dry mouth.